Thursday, October 2, 2014

Crock Pot Praline Apple Crisp

It was time to add a little dessert to our meals.  So of course I found another crock pot recipe.  I am surprised how many crock pot desserts there are out there.  I'm not sure about baking a cake in the crock pot and I might try it before it is all over with.  Most recipes you find are cobblers or crisp but that is fine. The only thing missing from this dish tonight was maybe a little vanilla ice cream.
That would look good with some ice cream.  The sweet would have also cut the tartness of the apples too.
That is toffee pieces to go on top.
Start by cutting and coring about 6 Granny Smith apples.  You can peel the apples too.  My husband didn't like the peel being on the apples, so next time I will probably peel them.
Place the apples in the bottom and sprinkle with cinnamon.  Once again the liners are great. 
Start with 1/2 cup oats.  You can use old fashioned or quick.  I think I found the quick first.
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
Slice 1/2 cup chilled butter
Then add that to the oats.
Cut the butter in.  I couldn't find my pastry cutter and I didn't get it mixed as well as I would have liked. 
Sprinkle on top of the apples.
Chop 1/2 cup pecans. Sprinkle on top of the apples.
This is the toffee chips.
Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the toffee chips on top. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
It's finished.
Now dig in.

Crock Pot Praline Apple Crisp Recipe

6 Granny Smith apples
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup chilled butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup toffee bits

Cook on low for 4-6 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment