Friday, October 24, 2014

Slow Cooker Pumpkin Harvest Chex Mix

You can make almost anything in a crock pot these days.  I was very surprised that you could make chex mix in there.  I tried it and it was very good.  Very fall.
Give it a try.
There were lots of ingredients and not much space on my counter.
Start with 2 cups wheat chex cereal
2 cups vanilla chex cereal
2 cups cinnamon chex cereal.  There's enough cereal left in the boxes for another batch too.
1 cup pecans.  I am going to put more next time.  I like the pecans
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup mini graham crackers.  My store did not have the mini crackers so I got Teddy Grahams.
Stir it all together well.  I even shook the bag and that helped mix it.
In a bowl add 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 stick of butter melted
Mix that together well.
Pour over the cereal mixture.
Stir, shake whatever you need to do to mix it well and make sure it is well coated.
Cook uncovered for 2 hours on high.  Stir well every 15 minutes.
After 2 hours spread it out on wax paper on a cookie sheet or something. I am having to make do.
Then serve.  Any leftovers store in zip lock bag or container.


Slow Cooker Pumpkin Harvest Chex Mix Recipe

2 cups cinnamon chex cereal
2 cup wheat chex cereal
2 cups vanilla chex cereal
1 cup pecans
1 cup mini graham crackers
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla



No comments:

Post a Comment