Follow by Email

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Less Chaos and More Normal Part 6

Visual things have been going slow lately. Mainly electrical work and Joe running cables.  I think if the Big Bad Wolf huffed and puffed and tried to plow our house down it would be held together by cables.  I think he said he ran over 2,000 feet of cables.  That includes phone, cable and internet.  He has run lines to any place he thinks in the next 30 years we might need them.  So one day if the fridge has the capability to send me a text when I am out of milk or need pickles I will be ready. Some of these wires I have no clue what they do or are for but I have been assured I will want them.

So what has been happening at the Grobmyer homestead?  Well glad you asked.  This week we have been getting spray insulation.  You may not know what that is but it is really cool to see.  It is two chemicals that is shot through two hoses by high pressure air. It starts out as a thick liquid and then grows.  Let me show you in pictures.
These are the two guys that have been crawling through the tight spaces to make our house tight.
You can see the hose that they use.  It has all three taped together.  They cover all the windows and doors because you do not want to get this spray on anything you don't want insulated.
They spray all the walls.  If it expands past the wall line they have a neat little tool to cut it off. Sometimes you can't control how much it expands.
You can see where it was cut back.
Here is a close up of some of the foam that has been cut away.
You can see it up close where it needs to be cut.
This is up in the rafters.
Even under the windows.
And it goes around the air vent hose too.
Corners all filled.

The other bit of good news is we got sod!  No more red clay!  I was so tired of the dirt.  The last big rain really washed away some of our dirt.  It almost looks strange having grass again.

Sod was delivered yesterday.
It came in rolls.
This is Lincoln County Tennessee sod.  The only problem we have is that we didn't order enough.  The back of the wall and the little patch in front didn't get sod today.
They put the roll of sod on the machine and then he starts rolling it across the yard.
The workers then pat it down.

The yard is beginning to look good.

We are even trying grass on the side yard. 
The finished yard.  The wall finally looks finished with the grass in front of it.
The side yard.
The back yard.
Around the patio.
The sloping hill.
My swamp daisies took it all in stride today too.
And my fall Camilla decided to bloom this week too.

So next up is sheetrock.  I have been told it will take about 10 days.  Stay tuned for the next update.

No comments:

Post a Comment