Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Parmesan Baked Pork Chops

Someone posted this recipe on Facebook the other day and I saved it because it looked like it would be a good one to try.  I wasn't mistaken.  Boneless pork chops are really great to fix.  There's not much prep work and they don't take too long to cook.  And you know what the commercials say "Pork it's the 'other' white meat."  They are very lean which is good for you.
The recipe called for Italian seasoned bread crumbs and mine were plain so I added the Italian seasonings.
This is for the full recipe.  I think next time I will half the recipe because I had a lot of leftover breading.
Start with 1 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
I added 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasonings to make up for the plain breadcrumbs
Mix well.
Cover your cookie sheet with foil and spray the foil with non stick spray.
Pour a little olive oil into a cup.
Brush both sides of the pork chops with the olive oil.
Then coat with the bread crumb mixture.
Place on the cookie sheet.  Place in a preheated 350 oven.  Bake for 40-45 minutes.
They smell so good. Clean up is a breeze.
I served them with some steamed veggies.

Parmesan Baked Pork Chops Recipe

4 boneless pork chops
olive oil
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350.  Bake for 40-45 minutes.














No comments:

Post a Comment