Thursday, March 6, 2014

Carrot Cake M&M Cookies

Last year I found several recipes that used the carrot cake M&M's, the only problem was I could not find them.  They are only sold at Walmart and my Walmart did not carry them.  I heard some in Tennessee had them but I wasn't going to Tennessee.  So this year when I saw them at my Walmart I grabbed  a bag but couldn't find the recipe I had last year.  I did find this one that you can make into whoopee pies with a cream cheese filling. I just wanted the cookies.
Yes you put freshly grated carrots in these cookies.  So they are kinda healthy aren't they?
This is what the carrot cake M&M's look like.  It seems Walmart and Target both come out with exclusive  M&M's.  There are so many things you can make with them I had to create a board on Pinterest for just M&M recipes.  The only problem is you like a special kind and you can only get it for a limited time. These are pretty good.  They have a little spice to them like the real carrot cake.
Start with 1 stick of softened butter and 2/3 cup brown sugar.
Cream until fluffy and then add one egg.
Add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Add 1 cup freshly grated carrot.
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour.  Then beat well.  Scraping down the sides.
Now add 1 cup carrot cake M&M's.
Measure out the dough onto a parchment lines cookie sheet.  If you are making the whoopee pies you will want to make sure they are the same size.  Place in a preheated 375 oven for 9-10 minutes.
Fresh from the oven. Let cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes.
Then plate up and enjoy.

Carrot Cake M&M Cookies Recipe.

2/3 cup brown sugar
1 stick softened butter
1 egg
1 cup freshly grated carrot
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup carrot cake M&M's

Preheat oven to 375.  Bake for 9-10 minutes.















No comments:

Post a Comment