Monday, December 16, 2013

Nantucket Cranberry Tart

 I found this recipe shortly after Thanksgiving last year and saved it for this year.  I really wanted to try it for Thanksgiving.  I had a tart pan I really wanted to use.
You can use either fresh or frozen cranberries.  I wish we could find fresh cranberries year round.  I have more more and more recipes that use them.  And they are good for you too!
Rinse and look the cranberries and throw away the bad ones.
Add 1/2 cup of sugar to the cranberries.
Also add 1/2 cup sliced almonds.  I think some grated orange zest would be good added to the cranberries.
Toss to coat
You will need a tart pan that has a removable bottom.
Spray the pan well.  The put the cranberries in the bottom of the pan.  Make sure you place your tart pan on a cookie sheet.
Then put 2 eggs in a bowl.
Add 3/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup sugar.  Whisk them together
1 teaspoon almond extract
whisk well
Add 1 cup all purpose flour
Whisk well.
Pour evenly over the cranberries.  Place in a preheated 325 oven.  Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Doesn't that look so pretty.  Let it cool a little bit in the pan.  I will say the bottom is really warm so it makes it hard to push it through.
Push the bottom through the pan so that it will separate from the pan.  Some of the edges might stick just a bit if there is a cranberry on one of the grooves.  Use a knife if you need to help it a little.
Sprinkle a little confectioners sugar on top.
I looks really pretty and perfect for Thanksgiving.
I wanted you to see the inside.  The cranberries are so good.

Nantucket Cranberry Tart Recipe

1 12 oz pkg fresh or frozen cranberries thawed
1 cup sugar divided
1/2 cup sliced almonds
2 eggs
3/4 cup butter melted
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup all purpose flour
powered sugar for dusting

Preheat oven to 325.  Bake for 40-45 minutes.

















No comments:

Post a Comment