Friday, December 13, 2013

Bacon Experiment

Not unlike the taco shell experiment,  I wanted to try something different to see if the new way was better than the old way I had been doing them.  I have seen Jamie Deen and others cook their bacon in the oven.  I even saw some on Pinterest.  I had some time while I was working on Thanksgiving dinner  that I would give baked bacon a try.  I want to try some brown sugar bacon next so be watching for that.

Start with some bacon and a foil lined cookie sheet
Lay out the bacon you need.  Place in a cold oven.  Set the temp to 375 and bake for 20 minutes.
This is how your bacon will turn out. 
I drained it on a rack but ended up using paper towels to get the grease off.
So I thought I would try something different.  I cooked a couple more pieces but put them on the rack.  My thinking was that the grease would drip off and the bottom would get nice and crisp too.
I really couldn't tell that it was any crispier or less greasy. I cooked it the same temp and same amount of time.  So skip the rack so you will have one less thing to wash.  But I would recommend cooking bacon this way if you have the time.





No comments:

Post a Comment