Friday, December 27, 2013

Individual Cheese Balls

Kraft calls these Holiday Cheese Truffles but I didn't want people to think they were chocolates or been rutted out by a pig so I changed the name.  If you have time these are a great replacement to the usual cheese ball.  You can use the same recipe you use for your cheese ball just roll them into smaller balls.
I started with 2 bricks of cream cheese and two blocks of cheese.  You can use the same kind of cheese but I like to mix them.  Also I like bell peppers in mine but if you don't don't put them in.  Some people like pineapple in theirs.  Make the cheese ball anyway you and your family like it.  I am just sharing my way.
I used the food processor to grate the cheese.  If you used pregrated cheese in the bags it doesn't mix well sometimes so it is better to grate the cheese yourself.
After the cheese is all grated I moved it to another bowl and then put the two bricks of cream cheese in the food processor.
I forgot to show this on the first picture but I like to use some of my Archie's steak sauce in the cheese ball.  I don't measure but it is between 1 teaspoon and 1 Tablespoon.
I added the red and green peppers.
Pulse to mix a little bit.
I added the cheese a little bit at a time until it was all mixed.  It makes for a full processor.
Here it is all mixed.  I put it in the fridge for a little bit to firm it up a little before rolling into balls.
While you are waiting for the cheese to get ready, get the things ready to roll the balls.
I baked the bacon.  I have decided I really like to bake the bacon instead of frying.  Place on a foil lined cookie sheet.  Place in a cold oven.  Turn oven to 375 and bake for 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the bacon.
Here are the four topping to roll the cheese balls in, bacon, chopped pecans, paprika, and parsley flakes.
Here are all the little cheese balls.  I used my small cookie scoop to scoop them out.  It actually worked pretty well.  I put them back in the fridge so they are a little more firm before rolling.
Just drop them in the pecans and roll around.
Here are some of the bacon and parsley rolled balls.
For the paprika ones I just sprinkled a little on them.
Here is my tray for the party.  I have a new cake plate and I placed that in the middle of another plate.  Use some pretty fancy toothpicks in the cheese balls and spread the crackers out below.  You are ready for your guest.


Individual Cheese Balls Recipe

2 1 lb bricks of cheese
2 8 oz bricks of cream cheese
steak sauce
chopped peppers
things to roll them in, pecans, parsley, bacon, paprika

No comments:

Post a Comment