Friday, January 26, 2024

Traveling with the Grobmyers Day 1 January 26,2024

 So where do I start today. The alarm went off at 4 am Alabama time this morning to get up, get ready and head to the airport. We had a 7 am flight from Huntsville to the Dallas Fort Worth airport. We handed over our luggage at 5:30 and headed to TSA pre check. We grabbed a quick breakfast and it was time to board. We got settled in our seats ready for take off. 7:00 came and we were still sitting there. I notice out the window that they were taking some luggage off the plane. Then the pilot came on and said this was a restricted plane for landing in Dallas that they had to take on more fuel so they had to get rid of some weight i.e. luggage. At first I wasn’t worried but then I saw my big pink suitcase come off in the sea of blue and black suitcases. Then I was worried. I was sitting here reflecting back on my friend Ellen’s trip when her luggage never caught up with her. I didn’t have a backpack with extra clothes in it. So by now it was over an hour late leaving, which meant we would miss our connecting flight.so Joe got on the app and rescheduled us to a 3:00 flight. Got our seats and everything. We land in Dallas a little after 10:30. He checks the app and our 3:00 flight won’t be leaving Dallas until 6! Scramble in the app and found us a 12:30 flight. And both of us have exit row seats. (Hope it isn’t a Boeing plane!). We had a nice meal before heading to our gate. We talked it could be worse the two couples in front of us were meeting a tour group and I think it was somewhere in Europe. At least our luggage doesn’t have as far to go to catch up with us. We land at LAX at 4 LA time. We both had a message that said our luggage was running late. We find the little guy that deals with lost luggage. He checks and our luggage was still in Huntsville. But he assured us it had been expedited to us through Charlotte! We both are thinking it’s he opposite direction. He assured us it was to arrive by 11:00 tonight. Only problem is we are driving 2 hours north to Carpinteria (Santa Barbara area). He assured us they would deliver it free to us, tomorrow, sometime before 8 pm.

So this hasn’t been be best start to my birthday trip. 

But…..

Now for the positives this morning. We were able to change our flight easily thanks to the app. We were not stuck in Dallas until a 9:00 flight then drive 2 hours north. Chances are we wouldn’t have been able to find a store open to buy necessities. But our luggage might have beaten us there too.

We were able to find a Marshall’s so I found some clothes for tomorrow. And we found a Walmart for the o here necessities.

Due to California having a wet spring there are a lot of flowers blooming and everything is very green.

The drive up Hwy1 through Malibu was. Nice. Sun was very bright. Waves were very big.



We stopped at In-N-Out Burger for dinner so the trip is trying to right itself and get back on track.


Coming out of Walmart we saw the pretty full moon tonight. 


I got me a treat tonight at Walmart to make me feel better. After I finish this I’m going to go soak in the tub, yes I got lucky on that account, and have my treat. 

Earlier I told someone I wanted a new Bingo card because I didn’t like the choices on he one I got today. We thought for sure we would have an earthquake tomorrow. Hopefully we have turned a corner and our luggage will arrive early tomorrow and we can get in celebrating my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment