Thursday, January 4, 2024

Crockpot Mississippi Meatballs

 This is based on everyone’s favorite Mississippi Pot Roast recipe. They are turning a lot of things into Mississippi these days. I had to try the recipe. There are a couple of things I would tweak a little next time.


The picture from the recipe showed mashed potatoes with it so I decided to try that.  Good choice.


Not sure I used the correct amount of meatballs but just go with it.


Put your liner in the crock pot, then add the meatballs in the bottom.


Measure 1/2 cup of water.


1/4 cup pepperoncini juice. Now I thought it was very spicy, husband did not. You can adjust the juice more or less as you want but I would make up the difference with water.


Add 1/2 a packet of Au Jus seasoning. I just eye balled it. Add it to the water juice mixture.


Add 1/2 a packet of ranch seasoning. I eyeballed it again. If you use the whole packet of these two seasonings the it could be too salty.


Whisk together.


Pour over the meatballs. Try to get it on all of them.


Looks good.


Cut up 4 Tablespoons of butter into little pats.


Place around on top of the meatballs.


Pick 4 or 5 peppers.


Add them on top too. Cover and cook for about 4 hours on low.


They are ready to eat. I heated up my mash potatoes and dinner was ready. Doesn’t get any easier than that.


Taste like the pot roast. Another easy recipe to add to the rotation.

Crock pot Mississippi Meatballs Recipe

32 oz frozen home style meatballs

1/2 cup water

1/4 cup pepperoncini juice

1/2 a packet of Au Jus seasoning mix

1/2 a packet ranch seasoning mix

4 Tablespoons butter

4 pepperoncini peppers

Cook for 4 hours on low

No comments:

Post a Comment