Thursday, July 6, 2017

White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies

Here is another one of my cookies.  I think this is one I will be making for Christmas and going in the freezer.  White chocolate and cranberries are a good Christmas cookie but they are good year round too. 
Those single cookies look so lonely without their friends.  My mother wants me to wait until she gets to the house to bake these because they are her favorite.  You could even drizzle a little white chocolate across the top if you had the time and wanted to. 
Cornstarch is the unusual ingredient in this recipe.
Start with 3/4 cup softened butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
Mix well.
I scooped them out onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.  This recipe did not make as many as the other recipe.  Keep that in mind if you need a certain number of cookies.  
I baked these at 350 for 8-9 minutes.  If frozen about 12 minutes.  I start with the original time, that way I can add minutes.  It is hard to take minutes away if they get burned.  Let cool a minute or two on the baking sheet.  

White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies Recipe

3/4 cup softened butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 350.  Bake for 8-9 minutes.  If frozen cook between 10-12 minutes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment