Monday, July 10, 2017

Doubletree Cookie

Another cookie here. This one is one of my favorites that I made.  This recipe for the Doubletree cookie has been going around Facebook for a while.  Sometimes it is the Neiman Marcus one too.   I think they are about the same.  These cookies are full of mini chocolate chips and they are full of chocolaty goodness.  They were really good warm too.  This recipe would be a good one to have in the freezer and then take out a few and make them fresh so you can eat them warm.  You know school is around the corner, I know I wasn't suppose to mention that, and what would be better than some warm cookies after the first day of school.

They bake up nice and pretty too.
There are a lot of ingredients in this recipe, but it is so worth it.
One of the first things you will want to do is measure a 1/2 cup of oats and place them in a food processor and you are basically making oat flour.
Start with 2 sticks of softened butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
Mix that well until nice and fluffy.  Add 2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.  It called for fresh squeezed lemon juice but I used what I had in the fridge.
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and also 1 teaspoon salt.  I forgot the picture.
Add the oat flour you made.
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
3 cups mini chocolate chips.  If you use large chips I'm not sure I would use 3 full cups because they would be all chips and not much cookie.
1 cup chopped walnuts
Mix it well.  It smells good too.
I scooped the out onto a parchement lined baking sheet. I put them in the freezer for a while. 
Then I stored them in freezer zip lock bags with the cookie name and temperature with bake times. 
I baked this cookie at 350 for about 16-17 minutes.  If they are not frozen you bake for about 13-14 minutes.

Doubletree Cookie Recipe

1/2 cup rolled oats that have been pulsed in a food processor
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup softened butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
2 eggs
3 cups mini chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts.

Preheat oven to 350.  Bake 13-14 minutes.  Frozen bake about 16-17 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment