Monday, July 31, 2017

Lemon Toilet Bombs

These little toilet bombs are easy to make and make your toilet smell good too!  Sometimes you just need a little extra help to make it smell clean and fresh.  Also these are great to drop into your bowl if you are going to be out of town for a few days.  They will keep it smelling good.  
You know I like Mickey and it is a good silicone mold.  I need to get a couple of different molds. 
This recipe originally was for peppermint scented bomb. I love peppermint smelling things.  I think it has a nice fresh smell to it.  But I used the Lemi Shine for my citric acid so I used the lemon smell instead. You can use any smell you like.
Start with 1 cup baking soda.  You can buy larger boxes of baking soda for projects just like this.
1/2 cup of citric acid or Lemi Shine.  Citric acid is usually found in the canning supplies at places like Walmart.  Lemi Shine is found in the dishwasher supplies.
My lemon essential oil.  Use about 25 drops.  The recipe also said you could add about 10 drops of tea tree oil.  I didn't have that and I may need to get some.
Mix that the dry ingredients.
Add the drops of lemon oil
Mix that around a little
You will see it start to clump together some.
Add some vinegar to a spray bottle and lightly spray the mixture.  You do not want to get it too wet or it will start fizzing ahead of time. You want it to just stick together. 
Spritz and stir and then spritz some more.
It is almost ready to go.  Spritz some more.
Now it is sticking a little better. Spritz a little bit more.
It looks ready.
Now ready to put in the mold.
Add to the mold.
Then find something to push it down and pack it a little.
Get all the corners.
Now just let it sit over night or two.
I covered it.
They expanded a little bit.
I think they might be ready to come out.
You can work around the mold to see if they are coming loose.
Then pop them out.  Store in a container.
Drop one into the toilet.
Watch it fizz.
It's working.
Store them in the bathroom to use as needed.

Scented Toilet Bombs Recipe

1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid or Lemi shine
25 drops essential oil
10 drops tea tree oil
vinegar
silicone mold
spray bottle.


No comments:

Post a Comment