Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Morning Glory Zucchini Bread

The other day when I was baking all the different breads I found this recipe and wanted to try it but didn't have a couple of the ingredients.  So when I went to the store I made sure to get what was needed so I could try them.  These are called Morning Glory bread but I think it could be called Kitchen Sink bread.  This bread has all kinds of good things in it.  You can make two big loaves or it will make 6 small loaves.  I am putting these in the freezer too.  Just wrap them well and put in a freezer zip lock bag and they will do fine in the freezer. 
I'm glad there was only one casualty.  I sprayed the pans well but one stuck.  Only one out of all the bread I made so that isn't too bad.
Look at all the good stuff; apple, pineapple, carrots, coconut, and zucchini.  There probably isn't a need to buy zucchini in the store.  If you know someone with a garden just see if they have some to give away.
Drain the pineapple well.
Grate 1 cup carrot
Grate 1 apple.  Hint:  If you put the drained pineapple on top of the grated apple it will keep it from turning brown.
Grate 1 1/2 cups zucchini.  Let that sit a minute so you can drain the liquid off of it.
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
Mix that well.
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 cup shredded coconut
3 cups all purpose flour
Mix well and add the pineapple, carrot, and apple.
After you have squeezed out the liquid from the zucchini add it.
Pour into the sprayed pans.  Add to a preheated 350 oven.  Bake for about 40-45 minutes.  Checking to make sure a toothpick comes out clean.  I start at 30 minutes and then add time to it.
Let cool about 5 minutes in the pan and the turn out.
I had one that just didn't want to come out clean.  So it got sampled.

Morning Glory Zucchini Bread Recipe

3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 cup shredded carrot
3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup crushed pineapple drained
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
1 large apple grated

Preheat oven to 350.  Bake 50-60 minutes for 2 large loaf pans.  30-45 minutes for mini pans.

No comments:

Post a Comment