Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Cranberry Honey Butter


I saw this recipe somewhere recently and thought it had Thanksgiving written all over it.  I halved the recipe because I knew we wouldn't use too much of it.  I have been thinking of other things I can use it on.  I'm thinking it would be good on toast.

I know it is Thanksgiving but I had to use the snowman dish because it was the perfect size.
If you use salted butter don't add the salt.
Start with 1 stick softened butter.
Zest 1 orange.  I didn't measure, recipe calls for 1 teaspoon.
A pinch of kosher salt.  1/16th of a teaspoon.  Yes this set of measuring spoons has pinch and dash.
1/8 cup honey
A little over 1/4 dried cranberries.  I didn't really measure them I just got a handful.
Chop them up well.
I put everything in the bowl of my small food processor and pulsed.
Place in a dish, cover and store in the fridge.  Take out of the fridge and bring to room temp to use. This was so good on fresh warm rolls.

Cranberry Honey Butter Recipe

This is half of the original recipe
1 stick softened butter
just over 1/4 cup chopped, dried cranberries
1/8 cup honey
1 teaspoon orange zest
1/16 teaspoon kosher salt

No comments:

Post a Comment