Friday, November 11, 2016

Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad

You know how I find an unusual recipe and it keeps talking to me until I make it?  This recipe was like that.  I saw it somewhere the other day and it just stuck with me.  I was in the store the other night and I saw the fresh brussels sprouts and I just had to pick them up. It is different.  It is unusual.  It has bacon.  That should be enough.  I hope you will try this.  I know brussels sprouts have really bad PR.  But they really are good if they are fixed correctly.  Don't boil them.  In this case shave them.
This is a nice fall and winter salad. 
 I only used one bunch of the brussels sprouts.  So that means I can make it again.
 The recipe calls for 1 lb of bacon but I didn't use that much. I did bake my bacon.  Place in a cold oven and heat to 375.  Bake for about 15 minutes and then start checking.
 Now you want to trim the sprouts.  Cut the end off and a couple of the outer leaves will come off too.
 This is what it will look like.
 I had the mandolin out for something else so I thought I would try it.  I also want to try my food processor too.  I stuck the sprout to the metal prong.
 And then just shredded it.
 This is what it will look like.
 I shredded one bag.
 Shred 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
 Crumble the bacon.
 Add the cheese
 And bacon
 Toss
 Now for the dressing. 1/2 cup mayo
 A little garlic
 I ran out of lemon juice and forgot to get more.  So I had to juice a lemon.  But you can use bottled.
 3 Tablespoons lemon juice.
 Salt and pepper
 Mix well.
 Drizzle on top
 And toss.
I thought it looked good in my Disney bowl.

Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad Recipe

Salad
18 oz shaved Brussels Sprouts
1 lb cooked bacon
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Dressing
1/2 cup mayo
3 Tablespoon lemon juice
garlic
salt and pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment