Friday, November 4, 2016

One Pot Chicken Broccoli Alfredo

This is a quick and easy one pot meal that I think your family will love.  It seems that chicken and broccoli always go together.  I have found a ton of recipes that use both ingredients.  Throw in a little pasta and you are good to go. 
I used my pretty bowls for this dish.  You don't have to but it keeps the pasta from moving around so much.
All the ingredients to make your own homemade alfredo sauce.
I did a little prep work while my pasta was boiling. I grated 2 cups Parmesan cheese.
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
I added the seasoning to the cream.  1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
I cooked my chicken breast earlier and chopped them into small pieces.
Pasta is cooking.  2 cups uncooked pasta to the boiling water.
Drain pasta.  This is bowtie pasta.  You can use any pasta you like.
Add 1 can chicken broth to the pot.
Add the cream with the seasoning to the broth.
Add 16 oz chopped broccoli.  Bring to a boil.  The sauce will start to thicken.
Then add the chicken, 4 oz cream cheese and 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese to the pot.  Let the cheese melt.
Then add the pasta and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.  Let the cheese melt and everything get coated well.
Dip up and add some additional Parmesan cheese on top.

One Pot Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Recipe

2 cups bow tie pasta
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 can chicken broth
16 oz chopped broccoli
2 cups cooked chicken
2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning


No comments:

Post a Comment