Monday, November 7, 2016

Homemade Granite Cleaner

In the next couple of weeks I will be sharing with you some homemade household cleaners.  I found a web site that had several listed.  I had actually gone looking for a granite cleaner and that is when I found the site.  This granite cleaner is so easy to make from things you probably already have around your house. And it is much cheaper than the cleaners you buy.  Making your own also lets you know for certain what you are putting in your cleaner.

 This recipe has only 4 ingredients.  So easy.
 Go to the dollar store and buy up some spray bottles so you will have them when you are ready to make some of these cleaners.   Add 2 cups water to the bottle.
 Then add 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol to the water.  You do not want vinegar anywhere near your granite.  It will take the finish off your piece of granite.
 Then add 5-6 drops (it doesn't really drop) of dish soap.  I use Dawn a lot, even in my laundry room, because it cuts through grease.  This is the original scent and color.  You can use whatever dish soap you like.
 Then add 10-15 drops of essential oil.  I used peppermint this time.  I really like the smell of peppermint and with the holidays it is a good choice.  I will probably use lemon or orange next time. Use whatever sent makes you happy.
Shake it well and it is ready to use.  Spray on your counter and wipe down with a dry cloth or microfiber cloth. I keep old dish towels for this purpose.  Then you can throw them in and wash them or throw them away if they get too dirty.

I hope you like these household cleaners that I will be sharing with you.

Homemade Granite Cleaner Recipe

2 cups water
1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
5-6 drops dish soap
10-15 drops essential oil


No comments:

Post a Comment