Thursday, May 21, 2015

Skinny Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins

It's strawberry season and boy am I ready.  This year's strawberries are juicier and darker than I can remember in a long time.  I don't know if it was the rainy April we had or what but I am enjoying it.  I have several great strawberry treats to bring you in the coming days.  I see no end in sight either.  I hope you like strawberries.  This is a easy, guilt free treat that you can whip up for either breakfast or an afternoon snack.

I chose to make mini muffins but you can make them in larger muffins too.
 This recipe uses applesauce instead of oil to help cut the fat.
 Start with 1/4 cup brown sugar
 1/4 cup sugar
 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce
 1 egg white.  If you are wondering what I am doing here, this is how I separate my eggs.  Poke a small hole in the end of the egg and the white will fall through but the yolk won't.
 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour.  Mix well.
 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
 2/3 cup chopped strawberries
 Mix well.
 Spray your muffin tin whichever one you want to use. Dip the batter into the tin.  Place in a preheated 350 oven.  Bake for 15-22 minutes depending on what size you use.
 There's nothing better than chocolate and strawberries.
Enjoy

Skinny Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe

1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup +2 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
1 egg white
2/3 cup chopped strawberries
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven 350 bake for 15-22 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment