Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Mini Cherry Cheesecakes

I made these little treats for our Memorial Day cookout.  They were perfect.  It made a lot and they are the perfect size.  That lets you try all the desserts. 
I know it's not football season but this platter is the perfect size to fit in the fridge and holds a lot.  Of course football season is just 99 days away.  I think the red and white of these cheesecakes would be perfect for gameday too. 
Okay I started with the mini vanilla wafers and I will share more of that in a little bit.  These were quick and easy to whip up.  You can use any flavor of pie filling you like.
Start with 2- 8 oz cream cheese blocks that are at room temperature.
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs (which I forgot to include in the picture)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
Now I have to share with you how I tried to have a short cut.  I was using the mini muffin pan so I thought the mini vanilla wafers would fit perfect in the bottom and I wouldn't have to chop up the wafers.  Well, they were too small, so I called my husband that was at the store and asked him to bring home the regular sized wafers.  They were too big.  So I ended up have to chop up the wafers.  Put about half the bag in the food processor.
Melt 3 Tablespoons butter
Pour the melted butter into the processor and pulse.
Then put some of the mixture in the bottom of the muffin cups.
I got to use one of my new kitchen gadgets to smoosh down the graham crackers.  Smoosh is a technical term you know.
They are all tapped down.
Add the cream cheese mixture to the pans.  Place the pans in a preheated 350 oven.  Bake for about 15 minutes.
Let them cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan.  I chose to put them in the fridge overnight and add the cherries the next morning before serving.
Add a cherry and some of the sauce to the top of each cheesecake and they are ready to eat.

Mini Cherry Cheesecakes Recipe

2  8oz pkg of cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 box vanilla wafers
3 Tablespoons butter

Bake 15 minutes in a preheated 350 oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment