Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Hawaiian Fried Rice

So for our Hawaiian dinner I needed a good side to go with the Hula chicken.  I looked and found this Hawaiian fried rice.  The original recipe had ham in it.  I chose not to use the ham this time but it would be a good recipe for dinner by itself.  I bet you could change the recipe around to make it any kind of fried rice you like.

I did have to buy some sesame seed oil special.  Other than that I had everything that was needed.
Start with 4 Tablespoons soy sauce
Add 1 Tablespoon sesame seed oil
1 teaspoon hot sauce.  Set this mixture aside.
Chop a red bell pepper and green onions.
Saute the bell pepper and the white parts of the onions in a little oil.
Add a little more oil to the pan. The add 5 cups cold rice.  I cooked my rice the day before and stored in the fridge overnight.  If you do not use cold rice when you recook it, it will get gummy.
Toss to heat.
It says you can do this in the same pan but I knew it would make a mess.  So in a small skillet scramble 3 eggs.  I only used two so use as many as you like.
I don't do scrambled eggs well.
Add them to the rice mixture.
Now add the soy sauce mixture to the pot.  Stir well.
Then add a small can of drained pineapple chunks.
And the green tops of the green onions.
Then serve.

Hawaiian Fried Rice Recipe

4 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon sesame seed oil
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1/2 Tablespoon oil divided
1 red bell pepper
6 green onions
5 cups cooked rice
3 eggs
1 cup pineapple pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment