Monday, September 22, 2014

Red Velvet No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe

For opening weekend of the Alabama football season I had to find something red velvet that I could make. I found this recipe and it met all my requirements, starting with no bake.

Oh did I mention that it starts with double stuff Oreos?  Got to be good right?  Yes that is the SEC Network in the background.  Best new channel.
Melt 3 Tablespoons butter.
You will need to crush 16 double stuffed Oreos.  Crushing them in the food processor is the best way to get small crumbs.
Add them to the melted butter. I forgot to take pictures of putting some in the bottom of some plastic cups. I had some small plastic I think you would call them punch cups that were perfect for this recipe.  Even better you can throw them away. Take about 1/4 cup of the cookie crumbs and press them into the bottom.

Then add 2- 8 oz pkg of softened cream cheese.
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
Mix well.
Melt 8 oz semi sweet baking chocolate.
Add 1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 Tablespoons red food color
Stir the chocolate
Add it to the cream cheese mixture.
Then fold in the 8 oz container Cool Whip.
And you can see it become red.
Spoon on top of the cookie crumbs.  You can top with some whipped cream if you like. Store in the fridge.

Red Velvet No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe

16 double stuffed Oreos
3 Tablespoons butter melted
2-8 oz pkg cream cheese softened
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
8 oz semi sweet baking chocolate melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 Tablespoons red food color
1 8oz container Cool Whip


No comments:

Post a Comment