Thursday, September 4, 2014

Complete Pork Chop Dinner in a Crockpot

This is the first meal that I made in my kitchenless house.  I have been searching for weeks for crockpot or electric skillet recipes that I can make in the next couple of months.  There will be more on that later. This was not a bad meal for my first of many crockpot meals.

You can really use whatever veggies you like.  The recipe called for potatoes and brussel sprouts.  I thought about adding some carrots but there wasn't room in the crock pot.
Start with four pork chops in the bottom of your crock pot.  You can use bone in if you like.  I just really like these small boneless ones.
Cover them with bbq sauce.  Whatever you favorite kind might be.  I tried a new kind this time, Sticky Fingers.  It was really good.
Spray a piece of foil and then cover the chops.
Add some new potatoes on the foil.  I like the different colored ones.
Add some sea salt to the potatoes.
Cover them with another piece of foil and seal them so they can steam.
Take another piece of foil and place some fresh brussel sprouts on it with a little butter and salt and pepper.  I think you could probably use frozen sprouts and just not put them in as early.  These were large and a little bitter.  I really like the smaller ones better. Wish I had used the carrots instead.
Close up the sprouts pouch and place it on top of the potatoes. Cover and cook for 6-7 hours on low.
Take everything out of the crock pot.
The potatoes are nice and roasted.
The brussel sprouts are nice and steamed.
The pork chops are fork tender and fall apart.
Not a bad first meal, and even better not much clean up.

Complete Pork Chop Dinner in a Crockpot Recipe

4 boneless pork chops
1 bottle BBQ sauce
8-10 baby potatoes
1 bundle fresh brussel sprouts
butter
salt 
pepper
foil


No comments:

Post a Comment