Monday, September 15, 2014

Crock Pot Cheesy Broccoli Chicken

Oh this was a good find.  Usually I like finding crock pot recipes that cook all day.  I mean that is the purpose of a crock pot to put it on when you leave and it will be done when you get home from work. This one the directions said to cook on high for a certain amount of time. I gave it a shot and I really liked it.  Works great when you are home and don't want to heat up the oven or don't have a oven.

I forgot to get the cheese out when I made this picture.
Put your chicken in the bottom of the crock pot.  Cook on high for 3 hours or so.  Since these pieces were really big I ended up cooking them a little longer.
I also put a little salt and pepper on them before cooking.  This is after the 3 hours. Drain the juices off the chicken before adding the topping.
In a bowl mix 1/2 cup sour cream and I just eye balled it.
One can Campbell's Broccoli Cheese Soup.
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Mix all that together.  It is thick.
Spread it over and around the chicken.
Add the frozen broccoli on top. Recover and cook another hour on high.

Dinner is ready.
Serve over some rice.  This was really good and it was good leftover.

Crock Pot Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Recipe

boneless skinless chicken breast thawed
1 can Campbell's Broccoli Cheese Soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
10 oz frozen chopped broccoli


No comments:

Post a Comment