Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Laura's Momma's Zucchini Bread

A couple of weeks ago a friend and I got together to bake some goodies to take to some people from church that had been sick.  She brought over her mother's zucchini recipe to make some small loaves.  I didn't photo the cooking session that day because we had stuff all over the kitchen, but I did today.  It seems that zucchini likes all the hot, dry weather we have been having lately.  Or at least it is still  producing.  I think you will like this recipe so give it a try with those bushelful of zucchini you have lying around.

Look at that golden, delicious bread.
 It looks like a lot of stuff but it really isn't.
 First thing you need to do is grate the zucchini.  I used an old dishtowel to grate it on.  After it sits for a while I will be using the towel to squeeze the water out of it.
 Also let the small can of crushed pineapple drain as well while you are mixing up the other stuff.
 2 cups sugar
 1 cup oil
 3 eggs
 3 cups all purpose flour
 2 teaspoon baking soda
 1 teaspoon salt
 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
 2 teaspoon nutmeg
 2 teaspoon vanilla
 I decided that I would put some chopped pecans in the batter.
 Then add in the small can drained crushed pineapple.
 Squeeze the liquid out of the zucchini.
 Then add that to the batter.
 Mix well.
 Fill sprayed loaf pans.  I used mini loaf pans, but you can use large pans too. Place in a preheated 350 oven.  If you are using the small pans start with 30 minutes and check, add time as needed.  I think I cooked mine for about 40 minutes.  Large pans bake for 60 minutes.
 Take them out of the oven.  Let cool for about 5 minutes.
 Then turn out to cool.
Then enjoy.

Laura's Momma's Zucchini Bread Recipe

2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup drained crushed pineapple
3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup pecans

Preheat oven to 350.  Large loaves 60 minutes small loaves around 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment