Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Pioneer Woman's Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce












 I checked out the new Pioneer Woman cookbook from the library to give it a test run before I buy it.  It has some really good looking things in it.  And the pictures are incredible.  So I had some chicken thawed and didn't know what I wanted to do with it.  I remembered when I flipped through the cookbook there was a chicken recipe I wanted to try.  No time like the present.  It did not disappoint.
The chicken was wonderful with some buttered noodles and green beans.
 I don't know why I added the sour cream to the picture.  I think I was remembering a different recipe.  You will need two types of mustard for this one.
 Here is the new cookbook.  Add it to your Christmas list.
 You will start with your chicken breast.  I only needed two but you use as many as you need.
 Now we are going to cut them in half.  You can see that I have started the cut.  You want them to be thin to cook evenly.
 My two chicken pieces turned into four.  I have big pieces of chicken.  You could cut them into strips if you want.
 Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken.
 Then in a pot or skillet melt 2 Tablespoons butter.
 Add 2 Tablespoons olive oil.  Heat on medium high heat.
 Add the chicken to the pan.  Cook it until it is nice and golden brown on both sides.
 Then take the chicken up to make the sauce.
 Now if I had used a cast iron skillet I would have had more little bits in the bottom of the pan. Add some garlic to the pan.
 Then add a cup of chicken broth or white wine.  I used broth.  Deglaze the pan with the liquid.
 Now add 2 Tablespoons grainy brown mustard
 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
 1/2 cup chicken broth.  Let cook until it reduces down.
 Then add 1/3 cup heavy cream to the mixture.
 I put the chicken back in the pot to keep hot and let the sauce cook into the chicken.  You can salt and pepper the sauce before you put the chicken in.
 Then dish up and pour the sauce on top of the chicken and noodles.
I forgot that it called for some chopped parsley and I still had some in my garden.  It gives it a nice finished look. 

Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce Recipe

Boneless skinless chicken breast
salt and pepper
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons butter
minced garlic
1 cup chicken broth or white wine
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons grainy brown mustard
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup heavy cream
chopped parsley

No comments:

Post a Comment