Monday, June 8, 2015

Strawberry Rolls

Okay I found a recipe for blueberry cinnamon rolls.  I don't like blueberries but I had strawberries in the fridge that I needed to use.  So I thought I can switch out blueberries for strawberries and we can just see how it works.  I must say it turned out pretty good.  I am still working on cinnamon rolls to get them just right where there is not so much breading and more gooey filling.  Give them a try, you can change the strawberries to blueberries if you like.
I added some strawberries to the icing too. You can never have too many strawberries.
These are the ingredients for the dough.
1 cup milk. Heat the milk to 95 degrees.  This is harder than you think because it will get hot really quick especially if you heat for a few seconds in the microwave.
2/3 cup sugar in the bowl of a mixer.
Once you get the milk to 95 degrees pour it into the mixer.
Stir it to dissolve the sugar.
Sprinkle 1 1/2 Tablespoons yeast on top.  Stir just a little.  Let sit until foamy for about 5 minutes.
Then add 1 stick softened butter, 2 eggs, and 1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups all purpose flour or bread flour.  Mix for about 3 minutes or until a soft dough forms.
This is what it will look like.  Then change out for the dough hook  and beat on medium high for about 10 minutes.  You can add a little more flour if it is too sticky.  Form the dough into a ball and place in a greased bowl.  Cover and place in a warm spot to rise for an hour.  I put mine int he garage to rise this time of year.
While the dough is rising mix 1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch together.
The dough is ready.
Roll out on a lightly floured surface.  I should have rolled it thiner.
Spread the sugar and cornstarch mixture on top of the dough.
Then add chopped strawberries.
Then tightly roll it up, and cut into pieces.
Place in a 9x13 dish that has been sprayed.  Cover and let rise for 2 hours.
Now for the icing.  I took some of the strawberries and pureed them.
I poured some powdered sugar into a bowl.  I didn't mix it.
The strawberries are looking good.
Add them to the powdered sugar and mix well.
The rolls are ready for the oven.  Place in a preheated 400 oven for 20 minutes.
Let cool for a few minutes before adding the glaze.
Pour the glaze on top and enjoy.

Strawberry Rolls Recipe

For the dough
1 cup milk
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoon active dry yeast
1 stick softened butter
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups all purpose flour or bread flour

For the filling
10 or 12 oz package frozen blueberries still frozen or like me about 1 1/2-2 cups chopped strawberries
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch

Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
3 Tablespoon heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
or like mine about 1/4 cup pureed strawberries with 1 cup powdered sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment