Monday, March 9, 2015

Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette



I made my first spring salad the other day and created this strawberry vinaigrette to go along with the salad.  It turned out really well if I do say so myself.
These were some of the prettiest salad greens I have found in a long time.  I really like making a salad with pretty colorful greens.  All that I put in the salad was the greens and strawberries.  Next time I might put some roasted pecans in too. 
The night before I chopped up some strawberries and sprinkled some of the strawberry balsamic vinegar over them and let them sit overnight in the fridge.  You would be surprised how that brings out the sweetness in the strawberries.
I put 1 cup of the strawberries in the cup of my hand mixer.  Love my new toy.
Blend them well.  Look at the pretty color.
It blends so smoothly.
I added 1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup of the strawberry balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
You can see that the vinegar goes to the bottom so you need to blend it really well.
The pour it into a cute little serving piece for lunch.


Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe

1 cup strawberries cut up
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup strawberry balsamic vinegar (this can be found at King's Olive Oil)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice


No comments:

Post a Comment