Thursday, March 26, 2015

Easter Bird's Nest

Well these are only Easter Bird's Nest because it is Easter time.  You can make these anytime of the year.  The Easter Bunny won't come and get you if you do.  These were so easy.  You and the little ones can make these in about an hour or less.
I have a whole little forest of nest.  I did see somewhere that you could make these in muffin tins. Large pans for the birds and the mini pans for the eggs.  I didn't want to mess up any other dishes.  
 You can get any kind of decorations that you want.  I had bought these eggs for another project but decided to use them for the nest.
 Start by adding one package of milk chocolate and butterscotch chips in a microwave bowl.
 Microwave the chips one minute at a time until they are completely melted.  Don't over microwave.
 Then add 12 oz of chow mein noodles.  Here is a hint I learned the hard way.  I think they would mix easier if the noodles were put in a bowl and then the chocolate added on top.
 Pulling the chocolate from the bottom to try and coat all the noodles took a little work.
 Then lay some wax paper on the counter and drop by tablespoonfuls on the paper.
 Work quickly so that the chocolate doesn't have time to harden.
 Then you can go back and decorate with the chocolate eggs or peeps.

 Isn't he cute.  I found out after I made them that my husband doesn't like peeps.  I thought everyone liked peeps.
Easter is coming soon so whip up a batch of this soon.

Easter Bird's Nest Recipe

12 oz Chow Mein noodles (found with the Oriental foods in the grocery store)
1 pkg milk chocolate chips
1 pkg butterscotech chips
Decorations.


No comments:

Post a Comment