Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Philly Cheesesteak Panini

There's nothing like a good Philly Cheesesteak, especially if you are in Philadelphia. But since I was not and at home I made this easy, good if you are not in Philly, cheesesteak.  
Full of gooey goodness. 
This one is very easy.  And no cheesewiz.
You can use fresh peppers and onions if you like.  I used frozen ones.  So I sautéed them for just a minute to heat them up and to caramelize them a little bit.
I love Publix Mountain White bread when I make special sandwiches.  All I did was add some cheese to both sides of the bread.  I used a good provolone cheese.
I added some deli roast beef to one side.
Add the peppers and onions on top.
Cover with the top piece of bread and spread with butter. Or use regular butter.
Place with the buttered side down on the preheated panini press.  Spray the top piece of bread, and close.
Isn't that a pretty sandwich with all the grill marks.
Cut in half and enjoy.  Perfect for a cold, snowy night.







No comments:

Post a Comment