Monday, March 30, 2015

Blackberry Dumplings

The other day when I was checking out Sprouts they had blackberries on sale.  I love blackberries so I picked up a couple of containers.  I have made this recipe before with other fruit but it is also good with the blackberries.  And there were plenty leftover to snack on too.

It would have been better had we had some vanilla ice cream to go on top.  I did garnish with a couple of fresh blackberries.
 You won't use all the blackberries but it is good to have plenty.
 Today I had to use the stove instead of the microwave to melt the butter.  Melt one stick of butter.
 1 cup of sugar
 Unroll the crescent rolls.  You could press the cut edges in the middle and have one large square, place the blackberries inside, and then fold it over and make a square.  I was in a hurry so I didn't do this but if you have time you might want to try that.  I think it would work well for blackberries.
 Add a couple of blackberries on the end.
 When the butter is melted add the sugar.  I think you might could use a little less sugar.
 Place the rolled up rolls in a square baking dish.  This one is an 8x8.
 Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top.
 Then pour the butter/sugar mixture on top.
 Then pour 1 cup Sprite on top.  You can use 7 Up if you have that.
 Now it is ready to place in a preheated 350 oven and bake for 20 minutes.
 They soaked up the juice from the butter mixture
Dish it up.  And add ice cream if you have some.

Blackberry Dumplings Recipe

Blackberries
1 container crescent rolls
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup Sprite
cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment