Friday, May 30, 2014

Taco Lettuce Wraps

There seems to be a surge in lettuce wrapped foods these days, and I had to jump on the bandwagon to see what the big fuss was all about.  I like the idea of eating something wrapped in lettuce, but I must confess it isn't as easy as it seems.
This is done a little differently today.  Start with your favorite taco meat.  I like to add black beans to mine for added fiber.  Maybe I shouldn't have with this recipe. It might have made it a little too heavy.
Get the rest of your taco fixings ready.  The recipe called for Bibb lettuce and I could not find any so I just got a large leaf lettuce. I may have needed something a little more heavy duty.
Make sure the lettuce is nice and dry.
Add some of the meat mixture in the middle.  

Add the fixings.
And eat.  I might should have doubled the lettuce.  I like this idea but I need to play with it a little more. It is a great way to eat a little low carb.






No comments:

Post a Comment