Thursday, May 8, 2014

Strawberry White Chocolate Scones

The strawberries have been so good this season and the season is just starting.  So I guess it is a good thing that I have found so many new recipes using strawberries.  I can't wait for my next batch of strawberries.  I think you will really like this recipe.  I have my husband's office's stamp of approval on these.
Look at those pretty strawberries.
Start with 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour.
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Mix the dry ingredients well.
Slice up 1/3 cup cold butter.  Keep the butter in the fridge until you are ready for it.
Cut the butter into the flour mixture until the butter is in small pea sized pieces.
See how well it is cut in.
Add 1 egg
Add 1/2 cup + 3 Tablespoons milk
Mix well.  The dough will be thick and sticky.
Wash and chop 1 cup of strawberries.
Add 1teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup white chocolate chips.
Mix well.  Be careful so you don't totally crush the strawberries.  I am sorry I forgot to take a picture of the scones rolled out and cut.  I did add some additional flour to keep it from being so sticky. Turn out on a floured surface and the either cut into wedges or use a cookie cutter.  Place in a preheated 375 oven.  Bake for 16-20 minutes. 
While the scones are baking you can mix up the glaze. Put 1 cup powdered sugar in a bowl.
Finely chop about 3 Tablespoons of strawberries.
Mix well.  In this case if you smash the strawberries it will help make the glaze.
It was a little thicker than I wanted it so I added just a little milk to smooth it out
Mix well.  You want it to not be too thick or too thin but just right.
Here are the scones right out of the oven.  They smell so good.

Drizzle the glaze over the top.
Let them sit for a few minutes so the glaze hardens a little bit.

Then plate them up

Strawberry White Chocolate Scones Recipe.

2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cold butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup + 3 Tablespoon milk
1 cup chopped strawberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
3 Tablespoons strawberries chopped

Preheat oven 375.  Bake for 16-20 minutes.



















No comments:

Post a Comment