Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Oven Roasted Corn

One of my favorite things about summer is fresh corn on the cob.  There is nothing better than a nice ear of corn dripping with butter and covered in salt and pepper.  I found this recipe the other on Facebook and knew I had to try it for Memorial Day.  I will confess something.  I did try this first with one ear of corn before I made it for a bunch.  It is a great way to do corn.  When I boil it I never know how long to cook it. This way there is no questioning if it is done or not.
Corn, butter, salt and pepper is all you need to make this delicious corn.
Line a cookie sheet with foil.  Then coat the corn with softened butter.
Then pepper the corn well.
Add salt.  Then place in a preheated 400 oven.  Bake for 30-45 minutes.  I turned mine about every 10 minutes.  You don't want one side to get too brown.  Also when you use the tongs to turn it you can baste it in the butter as well.
The corn when it came straight out of the oven.  You can spread a little more butter on it then if you would like.  The kernels just come off the cob so easily.  Great way to fix corn for a BBQ.

Oven Roasted Corn Recipe

8 ears of corn
1 stick of softened butter
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400.  Bake for 30-45 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment