Monday, May 19, 2014

Peach Cake Squares

A couple of months ago I shared a cherry cake made with an angel food cake mix and a can of cherry pie filling.  Today I am sharing the peach version of that cake.  I thought I would try it with peaches.  It was good but it didn't turn a pretty color like the cherry did and it didn't seem to have as much fruit.
A cake doesn't get any easier than this one.
Empty the can of peach pie filling into a bowl.
Since the peaches were in large slices I used a knife and cut them into smaller pieces.
Add the angel food cake mix.
Mix well until all the cake mix is incorporated.
Pour it into a sprayed 9x13 baking pan.  This one is actually just a little bit bigger than 9x13.  It will work in a 9x13 but it might overflow a little and not be as pretty.  So if you have a slightly larger pan use it. Place in a preheated 350 oven for 30 minutes or until it is set.
The top of the cake makes it look like a cobbler. This is also a very light cake. If you use the light pie filling it makes it even lighter.
I think I like the pretty pink color of the cherry one.  This one didn't turn colors.  But you can't go wrong with this cake.  It is perfect if you have to take a dish somewhere.

Peach Cake Squares Recipe
1 box angel food cake mix
1 can peach pie filling.






No comments:

Post a Comment