Friday, February 21, 2014

French Onion Pork Chop Skillet

I really liked this recipe.  It was very easy to make and I will make it again but I will leave off the stuffing mix next time.  I didn't find that it added to the recipe.  The pork chops were tender and full of flavor so I will make those again.
This is one of those Kraft recipes that are so easy and good.  Use whatever kind of steak sauce your family likes and uses.  I have talked about the Archie's before.  If you like your steak sauce with a little zip and not as salty as Dale's give it a try.  You can order it on line.  Contact me if you are interested.  I am not a paid spokesperson for the company either.
Thinly slice a medium onion.
Brown the pork chops and onions in a skillet for about 10 minutes.
Turn the chops after about 5 minutes.  I cooked them a little bit longer because I want to make sure pork is cooked through. Time will also depend on how thick they are as well.
Remove the chops and add 2 Tablespoons steak sauce to the onions.  Cook for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Put the pork chops back in the skillet.
Top the chops with the onions. Move the chops to the center of the skillet.
Measure out 1 1/2 cups hot water.
Add it to the stuffing mix.
Mix well.
Spoon the stuffing around the pork chops in the skillet.
Sprinkle the top with mozzarella cheese.
Cover the skillet for 5 minutes.  If you do not have a cover for your skillet a cookie sheet will work nicely.
Uncover and the cheese is all melted.
Dish up.  The pork chops with the onions and cheese on top did taste like French onion soup.  So if you like French onion soup give this quick and easy recipe a try.

French Onion Pork Chop Skillet Recipe

4-6 boneless pork chops
2 onions thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons steak sauce
1 6 oz Stove Top Stuffing mix for chicken
1 1/2 cup hot water
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese.

















No comments:

Post a Comment