Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Cherry Squares

My mother made this cake a couple of weeks ago and brought me a couple of pieces of it.  She said it's real easy and just uses two ingredients.  So the next time I went to the store I bought the angel food cake mix and pie filling that this recipe uses.  I wanted it in my pantry for one of those nights when I wanted something sweet but not a lot of time to make something.
No your eyes are not playing tricks on you.  This recipe really only has 2 ingredients.  Now I have cherry pie filling because I like cherries but you can use any kind of pie filling.  I want to try peach next.  I have also made this recipe before with crushed pineapple.  There are lots of things you can do with it.  The cherry pie filling makes it a pretty pink color which would be good for Valentine's day.
Empty the can of pie filling into a bowl.  If you use apple or peach filling you might want to cut any large pieces.
Then dump the dry mix on top of the filling.  Do not add anything else.
Then fold the cake mix and filling until it is well mixed.
Lightly grease a 9x13 pan and pour the cake mix into the pan.  Smooth out to make it even.  Now this is a smaller 9x13 pan that I have and I should have used a larger pan. Place cake into a preheated 350 oven for 30 minutes.
Now don't forget to cut off the box tops to send to your local school.  These really come in handy for schools.
Now this will not be the prettiest cake you will ever make but you won't find an easier one.  See how it puffed up over the edges.  Needed that slightly larger pan.  But it is still good.
This is the inside of the cake.  It is a pretty pink color.  Also this is a Weight Watchers recipe. You can sprinkle the top with a little powdered sugar if you like.

Cherry Squares
1 box Angel Food cake mix
1 can pie filling

Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 30 minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment