Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Chicken and Broccoli Casserole

I started out looking for my recipe for Chicken Divan but I don't think I found the recipe I remembered.  So I kind of created my own recipe for this casserole.
This was a very easy dish to make.  I made some changes as I went along and I will share those with you too.  Start out with your cooked chicken.
This is frozen broccoli that I steamed.  I poured it into a bowl.  Some of the pieces were big so I cut them up a little. You could use fresh as well.
I will share my thought process as I go along.  I started out layering it in the casserole dish.
And then put the chopped chicken on top.
Then to the bowl I put one can of cream of mushroom soup and about 1/2 cup sour cream.  The sour cream makes it a little smoother.
Mix very well.
And layer it on top.  Now at this point I thought that the sauce might not make it to the bottom of the dish.
So I dumped it all in a bowl and mixed it well. Now would be a good time to salt and pepper it too.
I put some cheese in the bowl to mix with it too.
Now put it back in the dish.
Sprinkle a little more cheese on top.
Then I thought it needed a little crunch on top.  So I added a sprinkling of panko on top.
Now I put it in a preheated 350 oven.  Bake for about 25-30 minutes.  You want it to be nice and bubbly.
I served it over the multi-grain medley rice.  It was really good together.  The rice might have been a little dry without the sauce from the casserole.  Don't be afraid to try some new things in the kitchen.  Put several of your favorite recipes together and see how it turns out.

Chicken and Broccoli Casserole Recipe
2-3 cups chopped cooked chicken
12-16 oz bag frozen broccoli
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2-2 cups cheese
1/4 cup panko
Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 25-30 minutes.









No comments:

Post a Comment