Friday, March 15, 2013

Irish Soda Bread

A couple of years ago I tried this bread for the first time.  Since then I have been looking for a recipe to try.  There are many different types of Irish Soda bread.  Some have raisins in them and caraway seeds. I didn't want that kind of bread I wanted plain.  I finally found a recipe and tried it.
Very easy bread to make.  No yeast in this bread.
Start with 2 1/2 cup plain flour.
Add 1 teaspoon of salt
Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
Add 1 1/4 cup buttermilk.  That's it.
Add the buttermilk to the flour.
Mix well.  It will be sticky dough.
Place it on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.  Place in a preheated 350 oven.  Bake for 45 minutes.
Here is the fresh loaf of bread.  It is best served warm.

Irish Soda Bread Recipe
2 1/2 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cup buttermilk

No comments:

Post a Comment