Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Blackberry Balsamic Dressing

I have been trying different homemade dressings lately and have also been on a blackberry kick so this is a good combination of both.  I think this recipe was in Southern Living last summer and I am just now getting around to trying it.  If you like blackberries I think you will like this on a nice bed of greens.
You can use fresh or frozen blackberries.
Start with a cup of blackberries.
Heat on the stove to thaw and bring out the juices of the berries.
I decided I didn't want the seeds in the dressing so I strained the juice out of the pulp.
I worked it for a while and got a lot of the juice out.
Add 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar to the juice.
Add 1 teaspoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon garlic or however much you want.
1/2 cup extra light tasting virgin olive oil.  The light tasting is good for your dressings.
Whisk all together.  Store in the fridge.  Isn't that a pretty color?

Blackberry Balsamic Dressing Recipe

1 cup blackberries
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 c balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon garlic


No comments:

Post a Comment