Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Traveling with the Grobmyers May 7, 2024

 So mid morning Joe left for his work part of the trip. He traveled down to Oklahoma City. Julie took me to some cool spots in the Tulsa/Broken Arrow area.

We started the morning at a local quilt shop, The Quilting Studio. This was a great shop. Lots of fabric and patterns. I bought a little pattern, Oklahoma. It uses fat quarters so I picked up a couple today to make my Oklahoma quilt from my trip to Oklahoma.
















We found another shop that we weren’t sure if they had fabric or not called TheSilver Needle. It turned out to be a huge shop of cross stitch supplies and pictures.









Then it was lunchtime. We found a cute dinner Tally’s cafe. A classic 50’s diner with Elvis and Marilyn. They make a mean burger but the onion rings were even better.







After we were fueled up we went and went to some iconic Route 66 landmarks. This was the Meadow Gold District with the Buck Atom’s statue at the Cosmic Curios.

















We hit one more quilt shop before we headed home, Sew Much More Fabrics. Another great shop. I found a couple more fat quarters for my Oklahoma quilt. 

























We went to Oklahoma Joe’s BBQ for dinner. Too bad Alabama Joe wasn’t with us.





This morning there were some mallard ducks in Julie’s backyard. That is something I have never had in my yard.




Tomorrow we will go to the blue whale on Route 66 either on our way or from Pawhuska. If you don’t know what is in Pawhuska tune in tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment