Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Traveling with the Grobmyers May 20, 2024

 Today’s trip did not take me far just across town. I have been wanting to head out the the Huntsville Botanical Garden all month to check out the new Butterflies.  They have a new exhibit that started in May and I think it will last through the summer so you need to go out there and see these glass butterflies. There’s plenty of things blooming right now too.



I don’t know much about the artist, but these are really pretty sculptures, even the insects. I wouldn’t mind one of these butterflies in my garden.



The honeycomb was really pretty with lots of bee friendly flowers surrounding it.










The hydrangeas are showing out. Lots of daylilies beginning to open up with lots more still to go.































I don’t know if you are having the cicadas at your house but they have been so loud at my house. Or at least I thought they were loud. They were so loud at the gardens today. Flying all over the place. So they should have made a glass cicada to go along with these beetles. 











The gardens are changing and growing. This area use to have picnic tables and a play area for kids. I’m curious to see what they have in store for this ares.


Make plans to go out to the gardens soon. I would suggest going in the mornings because it was warm this afternoon and I don’t think it will get cooler any time soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment