Monday, October 2, 2023

Zucchini Tots

 Ever wonder what to do with all that zucchini during the summer? Here is a simple recipe that you will love and then you will be eager for that national holiday of Leave zucchini on your neighbors porch day.


Gather your ingredients.
Earlier this afternoon I went ahead and grated my zucchini. You want to make sure and get as much moisture out of the zucchini as you can.


I let it sit in a colander for a while.

Before I was going to use it I used a paper towel to get any leftover moisture out.


A little more came out.


Put it in a bowl.


Add some salt and pepper.


Add 1/4 cup panko. You can use breadcrumbs if you do not have have panko. Panko gives it a little crunch.


Add 1 egg.


Finely chop an onion.


1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. I used freshly grated, you could use the kind in the green can.


Mix well.


Now add to a sprayed mini muffin pan. Next time I would not fill them as full. They weren’t bad just not as crispy. Next time I would end up have double the tots by spreading it out more. 

Place in a preheated 400 oven. Bake for 30 minutes.


Nice and golden brown.


They are great with a nice country vegetable dinner.

Zucchini Tots Recipe

1 cup grated and drained zucchini

1 egg

1 finely chopped onion

1/4 cup Panko

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400. Bake for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment