Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Slow Cooker Beef Ramen

 Ramen noodles are very popular right now. I found this recipe and decided to give it a try. So tonight was the night. It was very easy to put together and we enjoyed it.


My husband thought we were having something spaghetti for dinner, but it’s Raman.

Here’s that leftover chicken broth from the other day. I told you I had another use for it. Next time if I don’t have left over chicken broth I will use beef broth. I think it will give it a richer flavor.


Brown your ground beef in a pan.


While the ground beef is browning use that time to chop your onion and red bell pepper.


In a bowl add 3 cloves minced garlic. I used the jar garlic so I didn’t have to cut it and I just estimated how much.


Measure 2 cups broth. Which is normally a 14.25 oz can


1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce. Using low sodium helps control the amount of sodium in this dish.


2 Tablespoons brown sugar


Whisk everything together. I also added some red pepper flakes to this sauce. 


Ground beef is browned and drained.


Layer it in the bottom of the crock pot.


Add about a cup of matchstick carrots. You don’t have to make matchstick carrots you can buy them already cut. It’s a big timesaver.


Add the chopped onions. The recipe calls for scallions but I had my sweet onions so I used those. Whatever you like.


Add the sliced red bell pepper. 


Now pour the sauce on top. 


Mix it all together. Cover and cook for about 6 hours.


Now it is time to finish it up.

About 30 minutes before you want to serve put the Raman noodles in the crock pot. Throw away the seasoning packets.

You will want to get the noodles down into the liquid so they can cook.
The noodles soak up all the liquid and plump up. Stir it well and you are ready to eat.

The recipe said you could add some scallions on top along with some sesame seeds. I didn’t have and sesame seeds so I did not add those when serving.

Slow Cooker Beef Ramen Recipe
1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
1 cup matchstick carrots
1 medium red bell pepper sliced
2-3 large scallions roughly chopped. Or chopped onion
2-3 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
14.25 oz can chicken or beef broth
2 packs ramen noodles no seasoning packets
Sesame seeds-optional
Scallions- optional


No comments:

Post a Comment