Friday, October 6, 2023

Mississippi Pot Roast

 I don’t know the history of how this name came to be but it’s so good I don’t even care how it got its name. You won’t believe how easy it is to put together. And what’s better than coming home after a long day to the delightful smells of dinner in the crockpot?


Now this is a delicious meal.


Yes this is all you need to make this pot roast.


Don’t forget the liners. Put your roast in he bottom. This is a chuck roast.


Sprinkle one package of au jus gravy mix on top of the roast.


Just sprinkle all over the top.


Then sprinkle a package of dry Ranch dressing mix.


All over the top.


Then add a stick of butter on top. I read somewhere that someone cuts it into pieces and place it all around. I haven’t had any issues with it in the middle.


Then add the pepperoncini peppers around the roast. The more you add the spicier the roast will be.


This is what it looks like after cooking all day. The meat just falls apart and it is so tender.


You can eat the peppers if you want to. They have a bit of a kick to them.


I’ve been asked before what I make to go with my roast. We like mashed potatoes and English peas and sometimes biscuits with this roast. When I make my other roast I put potatoes and carrots in the crock pot with it. But I buy these mashed potatoes. You heat them in the microwave and they are very good.  Much easier than making them from scratch.


This is a good meal and what’s even better there are leftovers for another day.


Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe

1 roast- I use chuck roast

1 packet au jus gravy mix

1 packet Ranch dressing mix

1 stick of butter

Pepperoncini peppers. Personal preference on how many.


No comments:

Post a Comment