Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Apple Cider Cookies

The fall and holidays just seem to scream Apple Cider.  You can usually find all kinds of fresh cider.  These cookies are so good and smell wonderful.  I know I say that a lot but these smell like fall.

These cookies will spread so plan accordingly.
When you are getting cider for the holidays buy a little extra so you can make these cookies
Start with two sticks softened butter.
Add 1 cup sugar.   Mix well.
Add in one egg.
Add in 1/4 cup apple cider
1/4 cup molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon instant apple cider mix.  This is 1 packet.  One packet has just a little oner 1 Tablespoon.  I dumped the rest in the batter as well.
1 Tablespoon cornstarch.
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon apple pie spice
2 teaspoon baking soda.  Now mix all of this well.  It's going to smell really good.
2 1/3 cup all purpose flour.  Add a little at a time and mix well between.
Now in another bowl mix 1/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoon apple cider mix and if you have it 3 Tablespoon turbinado sugar.  That is the big pieces of sugar.  I didn't have any and it's fine without.  If you have it and want to use it go for it.
Mix this well.
These are my test cookies.  Scooped out on the parchment lined cookie sheet.
Now sprinkle the apple cider mix and sugar mixture on top. Place in a preheated 350 oven.  Bake for about 10 minutes.
Here is my freezer sheet.
I went ahead and put the cider sugar mixture on top before I freeze them.  I had some left over and I kept it because when I bake them I might need to put some more on top.
Let them cool on the cookie sheet.
Enjoy.

Apple Cider Cookies Recipe

2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon apple pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons instant apple cider mix divided
2 sticks softened butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup apple cider
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a separate bowl mix 1/4 cup sugar and 3 Tablespoons turbinado sugar and 2 Tablespoons apple cider mix.

Preheat oven to 350.  Bake for 10 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment