Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Knock Your Socks Off Slow Cooker Chicken and Sausage

Well I don't think I lost my socks but it was a pretty good meal.
The broccoli and rice were a nice addition to this recipe.
There was enough of this left over for lunch the next day too!
Put the chicken in the bottom of the crock pot.
Slice up the smoked sausage and put on top.
In a bowl add the softened cream cheese.
In another bowl add 1 1/2 cup chicken broth.
3 cloves minced garlic.  I didn't add that much just a little bit.
2 Tablespoons grainy mustard.
Beat the cream cheese.
Slowly add the broth mixture to the cream cheese.
Mix until smooth.
Pour over the top of the meat.
Add some chopped onions. Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours.  The recipe said when it was finished cooking to put it in a casserole dish and put it in the oven to brown it up a little bit.  Since I don't have an oven I couldn't do that but I bet it would thicken the sauce up a little.
Serve with rice and another vegetable.  The broccoli was good with the sauce.

Knock Your Socks Off Slow Cooker Chicken and Sausage Recipe

boneless skinless chicken breast
1 pkg smoked sausage
1 8 oz pkg softened cream cheese
1 1/2 cup chicken stock
3 cloves garlic minced
1 small onion chopped
2 Tablespoons grainy mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt



No comments:

Post a Comment