Wednesday, November 19, 2014

French Onion Crock Pot Pork Chops

I hope this is one of the last crock pot recipes for a while.  I so miss my oven and cook top.  I miss baking cookies and breads.  I miss pasta.  I haven't been able to boil noodles.  I really can't complain because I am getting the kitchen of my dreams out of this.  I have had lots of people tell me when they hear we gutted the kitchen well I guess you eat out a lot.  Not really.  More so here at the end because I was just so tired of the same types of recipes. Then they couldn't believe I have been cooking.  I just glad the health department hasn't been by.  I don't think they would approve.  But that is okay I haven't tried to feed the multitudes.  So it won't be long until I am back in the kitchen.  In fact they are installing the rest of the kitchen cabinets today.  I want to thank you for continuing to follow me during this "crock pot" period.
These pork chops turned out so good.
Keep a can of the Campbell's French Onion soup in your pantry there is so many things you can make with it.
Now the recipe calls for browning the pork chops for a while before putting them into the crock pot.  It was too hard for me to do this so I just put them in without browning.  I salt and peppered the chops.
Have I mentioned how much I love these crock pot liners?  I should have bought stock in the company.  Place the pork chops in the bottom and chop up and onion on top.
 Pour the can of soup on top.
That's a lot of onions but they are so good.  Cover and cook on low 4 to 4 and a half hours.  Since I did not brown mine before hand I cooked them a little longer.
Serve with some mashed potatoes and English peas and you have a very nice comfort food meal.

French Onion Crock Pot Pork Chops Recipe

4 pork chops
1 can French Onion soup
1 medium onion chopped.

Cover and cook on low for 4- 41/2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment