Friday, January 3, 2014

Peppermint Kiss Fudge

This is a Six Sisters Stuff recipe.  If you haven't seen their blog and recipes you need to check them out.  I have used several of their recipes. They make really good family friendly foods.  I saw this recipe the other day and I had some of the peppermint Hersey kisses that I had bought thinking I was going to use in something else but forgot what it was.  I had told my husband I would make some more fudge so this is what I made.
This is made like I make my regular fudge without the nuts.  I had not thought of splitting it up and making it with different chocolates.
Start with 2 cups milk chocolate chips
The recipe says to use half of a can of sweetened condensed milk, so I poured it into my measuring cup.
I used about 1/4 cup of the milk.  Pour the milk and chips into a saucepan and heat on medium heat until melted.
I lined a 8x8 pan with foil and sprayed the foil with nonstick spray.  Pour the first layer of chocolate into the pan.  Then put the pan in the fridge while you are melting the next layer.
2 cups white chocolate chips.
Use the second half of the can of milk. Melt the chocolate and milk in the saucepan.
Pour that on top of the milk chocolate. Put in the fridge.
Unwrap all the Hersey's kisses. Place that in the saucepan and melt.
Pour on top.  Place in the fridge until it sets.
I pulled it out to cut and realized the middle was not set yet so back to the fridge it goes.
Now it is ready to cut.  See those three layers.

Peppermint Kiss Fudge Recipe

2 cups milk chocolate chips
2 cups white chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 10 oz bag Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses

You can add crushed candy canes on top if you like



No comments:

Post a Comment