Thursday, January 23, 2014

Crock Pot Sticky Chicken

I was looking for a new crock pot recipe and ran across this one on Pinterest.  I don't know what I would do without Pinterest.  I guess we would eat the same things every week.  This recipe was really good and very easy to throw together.  It would be easy to add additional chicken to make a larger batch.

Four ingredients!  Doesn't get much better than that.  You can use what ever kind of BBQ sauce that you have on hand.
Spray your crock pot with non stick spray.  I probably could have used the smaller crock pot.
1cup apricot jam or preserves.  The recipe didn't say if you were to mix it or not so I did just to make it easier.
1 cup BBQ sauce
Mix well.
Pour over chicken.  This is where I think a smaller crock pot would have been better.
Make sure the chicken is covered well with the mixture.
The recipe called for 1 pkg of the Lipton Onion Soup mix.  I had one that I had used part of already and used it.  I was afraid if I used the whole pkg it would be too salty since I was using only two pieces of chicken.
Add 2 Tablespoons water.  Cover and let cook for about 6-8 hours.  I walked by and basted the chicken a couple of times during the day.  You wouldn't have to but I just did.  Again if the crock pot was full it wouldn't be a problem.
Chicken is nice and crusted with the BBQ sauce mixture and fork tender.  Serve over rice.  I spooned some sauce over the rice too.  I was told it was a keeper.

Crock Pot Sticky Chicken Recipe

4-5 skinless boneless chicken breast
1 cup BBQ sauce
1 cup apricot jam or preserves
1 pkg dry onion soup mix
2 Tablespoons water

Cook on low for 6-8 hours.









No comments:

Post a Comment